Monday, October 31, 2011

Cabo San Lucas


Alright, people. It's time for me to share my excitement over something that is completely unrelated to a baby. Pictured above is just a small portion of Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas. This is also where I will be in 10 days from now - in this very pool.

No, really. I'm serious.

Brian was one of the winners of a contest at work and this was the prize - an all inclusive vacation for two to CABO!!! We've actually known about it for over a month now, but when I got the news I was so sick that I didn't even want to think about traveling - especially not in an airplane. And, at that point in the pregnancy, I was so sick that I was convinced I would never come out of it. But lo and behold, a month later and I'm feeling like a million bucks. Well, maybe not a million, but any large sum of money will do. Pretty much all of the nausea has left me over the last couple of weeks, and all the other weirdo side effects of pregnancy have at least softened a bit. So now I'm REALLY excited for a paid-for vacation!



Above is a broader picture of the "palace".

And this is where I'll be sleeping. Well, maybe. There are a few different suites and I have no idea which one we'll be in. This is the most quaint of all the pictures of the rooms I saw online, so I'm assuming this is it. And, if we end up getting one of the more luxurious rooms, I'll just be pleasantly surprised :) However, this looks luxurious enough for me.


This is one of the many eating places in the resort. I plan on visiting ALL of them. I also plan on eating my weight in tropical fruit. And, that's a lot of weight now :)


Said fruit.


This is where I'll be relaxing, or leisurely swimming, while I, again, consume my weight in tropical fruits. This time in the form of slushy drinks.


At least I know the option is there. Not making any promises.




The only problem with this entire vacation is I do not own a maternity swimsuit. Nor do I want to purchase one for this lone event.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing!!! What an awesome thing to get to do before the baby cause things like that will be rare afterwards :) I'm so excited for you!! There are few who deserve a trip like that more than a pregnant mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the best?! Thanks, Daf :) I'm reallllllly excited.

    ReplyDelete